Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Read anything good lately?

The desperately-awaited vacation starts this weekend, and, of course, weather.com predicts thunderstorms from Monday to Thursday. (Right, right, I know, North Carolina in hurricane season, no one's fault but mine, I got it.)

So. I'm armed with Jhumpa Lahiri's new book of stories, an essay collection I've purchased based solely on the title, and a couple back issues of Paste magazine. Help! Any recommendations for good beach overstuffed-chair-indoors reading?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Off the top of my head:

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay (Chabon)

What is the What (Eggers)

And if you're in a non-fiction mood, go look at Edmund Morris's biographies of Theodore Roosevelt, which are actually much more thrilling than they sound.