Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rockin' the Naval Observatory

Courtesy Melissa, an excellent tidbit from TheHill, which asked every member of the U.S. Senate whether they'd accept the VP nomination. I think the answers reveal an awful lot about the respondents (namely, that Claire McCaskill has the self-esteem of a middle schooler with new braces). A few gems...

The hilarious:
Barbara Mikulski's "Absolutely. Absolutely. I think I would be great. First of all, I know how to behave at weddings and funerals. And I know how to be commander in chief. I’d bring a lot of fun to the job. We would rock the Naval Observatory."

The awkward:
Chuck Hagel's "“I’m not here to talk about that."

And the bizarre:
Patty "Dr. Seuss" Murray: "“Any American citizen, large or small, would be honored to be asked"

No comments: